About Lincoln Electric
Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, automated joining, assembly and cutting systems, plasma and oxy-fuel cutting equipment and has a leading global position in brazing and soldering alloys. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Lincoln has 59 manufacturing locations in 18 countries and a worldwide network of distributors and sales offices covering more than 160 countries. For more information about Lincoln Electric and its products and services, visit the Company’s website at https://www.lincolnelectric.com.au
Having a trusted welding partner is essential for your productivity and profitability. In order to operate at the highest level, look no further than Lincoln Electric. It’s all about our customers. Quality products and great service are both important parts of our business, but it’s our unmatched welding expertise that sets us apart from other welding companies. If there’s a better way for you to weld, we’ll help you find it. If robotics can improve your bottom line, we will guide you through the decision making process. If there’s a method that can help you reduce costs, we’ll show you how.
The products you need and the commitment you deserve. No company understands welding and cutting like Lincoln Electric. No welding company has a broader network of world class facilities and people. No company is more focused on providing value for its customers. Lincoln Electric is committed to being the only welding and cutting resource you’ll ever need. We’re backing up that commitment with quality products, and the expertise to help you use them in exceptional ways.
Our commitment to developing welding solutions that meet the unique needs of our customers is unparalleled. Becoming Lincoln Electric’s partner provides your company with specialised, industry-tested equipment and consumables created to meet segment specific welding requirements.
Guaranteed Performance and Quality
We hold our products and services to the highest standards by actively participating in welding specification processes. This devotion to quality enables us to provide competent and reliable solutions for each of our partners.
Our customers can take advantage of our world class Application Centre, lab and testing facilities staffed with a team of engineers, metallurgists, chemists and technicians. These resources can become an extension of internal capabilities for partners who seek to evaluate and solve critical welding and cutting issues.
If training your employees is important, Lincoln Electric offers a broad range of seminars, equipment and materials, available both on and off-site, to meet the scope of your training needs. This includes our innovative RealWeld trainer that provides realistic arc welding.
Advanced Technology Solutions
Lincoln Electric customers receive more than equipment and consumables when they purchase our products – they receive our commitment. This partnership opens the door to custom welding solutions created by the foremost authorities in the industry.
World Class Products
For a business of any size, we have everything you need – from industry leading equipment and consumables to welding apparel that keeps you safe while getting the job done.
A BRIEF HISTORY
- 1938 – The Lincoln Electric Company (Australia) Pty Ltd was established in the suburb of Alexandria by William Miskoe.
- 1950-1969 – The early 1950’s saw major innovations including Jetweld low hydrogen stick electrodes and Innershield self-shielded flux-cored wires as well as production of full iron powder electrode. In 1953, following years of strong growth, the company built new premises at Padstow, where it resides today.
- 1970-1989 – In the 1970’s Lincoln Australia set up distribution network throughout Asia. Expansions to the plant are completed. The national recession during the 1980’s caused sales to drop 40%, times are tough but Lincoln survives. 1987, Lincoln Australia acquires a competitor, LiquidArc, increasing market share.
- 1990-2005 – The 90’s saw Lincoln Australia launch locally made REDI-MIG machines. 2003 Lincoln Electric celebrates 65 years of operation in Australia.
- 2004 – Lincoln Australia became the largest welding supplier in Australia.
- 2005 – Lincoln Australia recommences local manufacturing of MIG wire.
- 2008-2012 – Restructuring of the Australian operation to meet the changing global market. 2008 Lincoln Australia celebrates 70 years. Ceased manufacturing of equipment.
- 2012 – Ceased manufacturing of consumables
- 2013 – The business model was changed to a 100% global sourcing commercial company.
- 2014 – Sold the Padstow site and leased back warehouse and office space.
- 2015 – Commence office refurbishment and construction of application centre. Acquired Specialized Welding Products (SWP) and Integra.
- 2016 – State of the art welding and cutting application centre launched.
- 2019 – Application centre and lecture theatre refurbishment complete to further enhance the visitor experience.